1. Add Custom Fields to Project Module
1. Click on the project module where you wish to add custom fields.
2. Once the project module is clicked, you will be directed to the Add/ Edit Module Custom Fields page.
3. Fill in the required custom fields you want to add:
- Field Name- Name of the field added in the system
- Field Description- Brief description of the field added in the system
- Data Input- How data will be inputted in the field
You can choose either of the following options:
- Short Text- A value that takes a short description of text as input. Maximum of 250 characters.
- Long Text- A value that takes a long description of text as input. Maximum of 5000 characters.
- Number- A value that takes number as input.
- Dropdown- A value that takes a dropdown list of options as input.
- Calendar Picker- A value that takes date as input.
- Financial- A value that takes currency as input.
- Users- A value that takes a dropdown list of options of users in the company as input.
- Display- Choose if the field is to be displayed in the system or not.
- Hide- Custom field will not be seen in the Add or Update page
- View- Custom field will be seen in the Add or Update page
- Required- Check if the field should require input in order for a module item to be successfully added or updated.
You can tick the checkbox to show it’s a required field.
Untick the checkbox and it’s not a required field.
- Delete Icon- Delete the custom field for the Add or Update page in the module to be seen
4. After the fields are created, click the “Update” button.
5. The new custom field is successfully added.
The number of total fields will be added by 1 item.
The number of required fields will be added by 1 item (If custom field is set as required field).