1. To add new project roles, click ‘Resourcing’ from the sidebar of the page then navigate to the ‘Roles’ section. Click the ‘New Role’ button to assign new resource.
2. Add the Role Details. Once complete, click the ‘Add Role’ button.
- ‘Role Name’ – Name for this role in the project. The name of the role should explain the primary duty for the resource so everyone participating on the project knows. Team lead as an example quickly states that he is the leader of the team, and any job responsibilities associated with team lead should go to him
- ‘Total Position’ – How many roles of this type will be used during the duration of the project. Having this baselined will assist in understanding resource/task cost as well as resource needs and if the PM may have resource issues
- ‘Capacity’ – Percentage of hours actually worked, when compared with possible working hours.
- ‘Work Stream’ – The group in the company responsible for taking on the progress in completion of that role in order for it to be completed.
- ‘Department’ – Which part of the project will this role be dedicated to or reports to
- ‘Start – The expected start date from when it is planned. This is based on the schedule, and resource planning
- ‘End – The expected end date from when it is planned. This is based on the schedule, and resource planning