1. Project Budget Update Baseline Cost Item
For projects in Planning phase (Pipeline Project), baseline budget cost items for past, current and future months can continue to be updated and saved until satisfied the data is accurate.
For projects in Execution Phase, baseline budget cost items for current and future months will only be available to update. Historical changes are not allowed.
- Access the relevant project. Click for instructions on how to locate the project dashboard based on project status (e.g. Planning Project or Execution Project).
- Select ‘Budget’ from the sidebar menu.
- Navigate to ‘Detailed Cost’ table.
- Click on the ‘Budget Item ID’ of the cost to be updated to navigate to the Budget – Cost Details page.
- Click on the ‘Update’ button within the ‘Budget – Cost Details’ page.
- Once navigated to the Update Cost page, update any of the mandatory (*) fields with new changes.
- The Change Request (B) fields need to be populated for Projects in Execution Phase only.
- Select ‘Change Control Request number’ from drop down list, and enter in Scope Change field ‘$ amount.’ Multiple cost items can be added against same request until all funds allocated.
- If unsure of data required for each field either utilise the Glossary or hover over the information icon next to the field label.
- Click on the ‘Add Cost Period’ button to extend the monthly periods. Note: Must be within project Baseline finish date.
- Enter the monthly baseline values within the ‘Baseline Cost’ field (current and future months only).
- Enter the monthly forecast and actual values within the Forecast and Actual fields if applicable.
- Click ‘Update Cost’ to save the details.
Forecast values will not be automatically updated based on changes to baseline, forecast monthly costs will need to be manually entered. This can be done at the same time as updating baseline values.